The Constitution and Bylaws were ratified at the annual congregational meeting.
Joan Soltwisch, Ann Kurtz, Bill Eisenbrandt, Orpha Bols, Heidi Nelson, Virginia Keating and Jeff Gurley
The current constitution has not been amended since 1982, when Plattville was still an American Lutheran Church (ALC). The ELCA model constitution was used as the starting point rather than trying to edit the current constitution. Most items in the current constitution are part of the ELCA model constitution although the wording may be different. The intent of most items in the current constitution are the same.
· Removed ALC references
· The proposed changes add an associate member classification
· The trustee, deacon and parish education boards are not part of the constitution but are in the bylaws
· There is one Congregation Council made up of trustees, deacons, and parish education board members
· Must be a confirmed member to vote at congregation meetings
· Made a requirement to confirm adequate insurance levels on an annual basis
· Reduced council meeting notice from 5 to 3 days
· Changed council meeting from once per quarter to once per month
· Deleted paragraphs about conflicting loyalties
· Deleted summary section
The constitution is here in Word or PDF format. In order to view the PDF file, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. It is free of charge by clicking here
Constitution in PDF format Bylaws in PDF format
Constitution in Word format Bylaws in Word format